Last Updated: 05.06.2023
- “Educators” refers to individuals who are educators or educational institutions using the Twin Dashboard to access curriculum-aligned content, create communities, assign content, view community / communities and users’ reports.
- “Parents” refers to individuals who are signing up to Twin app and using Twin Dashboard to monitor their children’s progress, access their children’s reports, and engage with their children’s educational journey.
- “Users” refers to children who use the Twin app for STEAM education by parental approval, accessing modules such as challengers, interactive educational videos, games, forums, adventures, trivia, shop and Twin Science Kits related contents.
The Twin app is a mobile application that provides kids with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) education. It offers various modules, including challengers (DIY projects), interactive educational videos, educational games, forums, adventures, trivia, shop and Twin Science Kits.
The Twin Dashboard is designed for both; educators and parents. Educators can access our curriculum-aligned content, create communities, assign content, and view community /communities and users’ reports. Parents have access to their children’s reports which is a premium feature via the dashboard.
- OTHER DEFINITIONS
- “Twin Science,” “we,” “us,” or “our” refers to TWIN SCIENCE & ROBOTICS UK LIMITED the company providing the Twin app and Twin Dashboard.
- “Personal Data” refers to any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “Service” refers to the Twin app and Twin Dashboard.
- “Service Provider” refers to any third-party company or individual employed by Twin Science to facilitate the Service, provide services on behalf of Twin Science, or assist in analyzing how the Service is used.
3.1 Definition Table:
Refers to Twin Science, Inc, the company providing the Twin app and Twin Dashboard.
Refers to any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
Refers to the Twin app and Twin Dashboard.
Refers to any third-party company or individual employed by Twin Science to facilitate or analyze the Service.
- COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.1 TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
4.1.1 PERSONAL DATA
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address,
- Birth Year,
- Usage Data
4.1.2 USAGE DATA
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Services.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
- TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND COOKIES
- Web Beacons: Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or
contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us. ● For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
Personal Data which are an integral part of Twin Science’s operations, are not sold. We share your Personal Data only under the circumstances detailed below and always in compliance with GDPR regulations:
- Service Providers: We collaborate with certain third-party service providers to carry out various tasks on our behalf, such as preparing and sending children’s reports, providing user support services, and facilitating payment transactions. These service providers are given access to your Personal Data strictly to perform these tasks. All third-party service providers we work with are under obligation to maintain confidentiality and security.
- User Profiles: We use the email addresses provided by users to manage their accounts and facilitate interactions within our services. We do not disclose users’ email addresses to other users.
- Anonymized Data: We may create and share anonymized data from the Personal Data we collect. This data is encrypted in a way that it cannot be used to identify individual users. We use this anonymized data to analyze and improve our services.
- Legal Obligations and Protection of Rights: In certain situations, we may need to share your Personal Data to comply with legal obligations or court orders, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Twin Science, our users, or others.
- Consent: We will always inform you when your Personal Data may be shared with third parties outside of the situations mentioned above, and you will always have the option to prevent this sharing of information.
Our commitment is to ensure the privacy and protection of your data. As part of this commitment, we do not share any Personal Data with third parties beyond service providers.
For any further questions, you can contact us at [email protected]. 7. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
We will not retain users’ Personal Data for a period longer than necessary for educational purposes, to fulfill legal or contractual obligations, or to provide services related to the collection or reception of the child’s Personal Data. Additionally, we only retain a child’s Personal Data as long as the accounts are active, unless there is a legal or contractual obligation, or if it’s necessary to ensure the security of our services.
- TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to delete or request that we assist in deleting the Personal Data that we have collected about you.
You may delete your account via mobile app or the dashboard or contact us to request. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
- CHILDREN’S PERSONAL DATA
At Twin Science, we take the privacy and protection of children’s personal data seriously. We adhere to the requirements outlined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) in the United States and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union when collecting and processing children’s personal data online.
To ensure compliance with COPPA, we obtain verifiable parental consent before collecting personally identifiable data from children under the age of 13. Similarly, under GDPR, parental consent is required for children under the age of 16 in the European Union or the United Kingdom.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from children under the age of 13 (for the United States) or under the age of 16 (for the European Union or the United Kingdom) without parental consent.
In our services, we offer “challenges” where children have the option to upload photos or videos. By creating an account for their child, parents or guardians implicitly grant permission for Twin Science to collect and process the child’s personal data, including uploaded photos or videos. We limit the collection of personal data from children to what is reasonably necessary for the use of our services.
If you believe that a child has provided excessive personal data without parental consent, please contact us at [email protected]. We will promptly address the issue and take appropriate action.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA AND CHILDREN’S PERSONAL DATA
At Twin Science, we take the security of your Personal Data seriously. We have implemented various measures to protect your information and maintain its confidentiality. However, despite our efforts, we must acknowledge that it is not possible to provide complete assurance against all potential risks.
Your Personal Data is protected with a password for your privacy and protection. It is your responsibility to choose a strong password, safeguard it, and restrict access to your computer and browser by logging out after each session. We recommend using a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols to create a secure password.
While we strive to maintain the security of your information, external factors such as unauthorized access or hardware/software errors can pose a threat to data security at any time. We cannot guarantee the security of your information under all circumstances.
- CONTACT US